CALLOS CON GARBANZOS
4-tablespoons olive oil
1-small head garlic
2 Chorizos de Bilbao
1-small can tomato puree
1-small can pimientos morrones
½-cup green olives
2-cups cooked garbanzos
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Clean tripe very well.
2. Place pata and tripe in a deep saucepan and add just enough water to cover.
3. Bring to a boil and let simmer well covered, until very tender.
4. Remove bones from pata and cut into 1-inch x 1/2-inch pieces.
5. Cut the tripe into 1-inch x ½-inch pieces.
6. Remove fat from liquid.
7. Simmer down liquid to only 2 cups.
8. Chop the garlic fine, peel and slice onions.
9. Slice chorizo de Bilbao crosswise.
10. Fry garlic in olive oil until golden brown.
11. Remove from oil and fry onions.
12. Add tomato puree and 1-cup of the liquid in which pata and tripe have been cooked.
13. Add pimientos, fried garlic, tripe and pata, olives and garbanzos.
14. Add the rest of the liquid and salt and pepper to taste.
15. Simmer for 5 minutes.
16. Serve hot.