Brownies and Carrot cake recipe

It's been a week since I've made an update on my blogs. I missed this, I've been busy catching up on my lessons these past days, and been busy monitizing the blogs I have now.

Anyways I wanna share with my readers the receipes I got from Dorothy's Cooking School Cookbook Volume1. I've tried most of these recipes already and they really are heavenly! I even made money out these. In year 2000, I moved to a small apartment, bought some baking utensils and ingredients and supplied the goodies I made in the cafeteria of Honda Cars Kaloocan. The brownies were really good and I got good feed backs and reorders so this continued on until I moved with my brother. I stopped for awhile, then in the year 2002, I made the carrot cake from this book, too, along with my personal recipe of oatmeal cookies. Best sellers, really.

So here are they. Try them, too!

FUDGE BROWNIE #3

Ingredients:
1/2 butter
120 grams unsweetened baking chocolate
3 pcs. whole eggs, graded extra large
1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour
1 cup coursely chopped walnuts

Procedure:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenhiet. Line the botton of the 8 by 12 inches rectangular baking pan, 2 1/2 inches high, with wax paper. Set aside.

2. Melt the butter and the chocolate together in a thick saucepan set aside to cool for a few minutes.

3. In a large mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon or wire whip, beat the eggs until blended. Add the sugar and the corn syrup and beat until blended. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix well. Add the vanilla extract and the flour and beat only until the flour had been absorbed by the mixture.

4. Stir in the walnuts and the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in all four corners comes out clean.

5. As option, you may incorporate half of the walnuts into the batter and use the remaining half to decorate the top. You may also just have all of the walnuts on top for a truly extravagant appeal.


CARROT LOAF

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon sifted baking soda
2 teaspoons sifted baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1 teaspoon fine salt
1 teaspoon ground mace, ground nutmeg or powdered cinnamon
1 cup raisins
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup coursely chopped cashew nuts
1 cup well packed dark brown sugar
1 cup full cream milk
2 pieces whole eggs, graded extra large
1/4 cup melted butter

Procedure:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9 by 5 inches (2 1/2 inches) high loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with wax paper. Grease and flour the paper as well. Set aside.

2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and mace. In another mixing bowl, combine the raisins, carrots, nuts, and brown sugar. In a third mixing bowl, combine the milk, eggs and melted butter.

3. Add the egg mixture to the carrot mixture and mix well. Pour in the remaining ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon until blended.

4. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Comments

Popular Posts